A great salad for display in the Trifle Bowl. I recommend using mild salsa mixed with Ranch dressing as the salad dressing, in place of the sour cream. Also, I add corn as another layer in this recipe.
Prep time: 25 minutes
1 ½ cups sour cream
¾ cup thick and chunky salsa
1 can (15 oz) black beans
1 large bell pepper (any color)
2 medium tomatoes
4 green onions
1 package (16 oz.) iceberg lettuce salad mix (10 cups)
4 oz. cheddar cheese (block)
1 ½ cups corn chips (optional)
1. In Small Batter Bowl, combine sour cream and salsa; mix well and set aside.
2. Drain and rinse beans using Large Colander.
3. Use Chef’s Knife to dice Tomatoes, and Green Onions.
4. Use Food Chopper to chop bell pepper.
5. Layer ingredients in Simple Additions Large Bowl:
b. Bell Pepper
e. Green onions
6. Spoon sour cream mixture over top using Small Mix ‘N Scraper, spreading evenly.
7. Grate cheese over top using Deluxe Cheese Grater.
8. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
9. Top with corn chips, if desired, and serve.
Yield: 8 servings
• For a heartier main dish salad, add 2 cups of diced cooked chicken between bell pepper and lettuce layers.